CELEBRATING OUR DWYER AWARD WINNERS
The William T. Dwyer Awards for Excellence in Education is an annual program of the Economic Council of Palm Beach County Foundation, recognizing outstanding educators from public and private schools in Palm Beach County. The program seeks to increase awareness of the exemplary teaching in our community, while supporting educators and schools with financial awards and encouraging residents to promote high standards of excellence in education.
Applicants were judged on their classroom accomplishments, personal education philosophy, leadership and outside of the classroom school-related or community-based activities.
The Dwyer awards are sponsored by the Economic Council of Palm Beach County Foundation and hosted by the Hanley Foundation. Five of the six winners are from the School District of Palm Beach County:
- Elementary School- Marcia Arena, Banyan Creek Elementary
- Middle School- Paul Destito, Jupiter Middle
- High School- Dorothy Schroader, Santaluces High
- Special Program- Jaimee Stamile, Bak Middle School of the Arts
- Career Education- Karen Epstein, Wellington Landings Middle