District Organizes Second Haitian Citizens Academy
The School District of Palm Beach County will host its second Haitian Citizens Academy on Tuesday, February 6, as part of its efforts to acquaint community leaders with all aspects of the District’s operations.
The Citizens Academy will cover several topics that will provide in-depth knowledge about the District and the schools’ communications functions and engagement with parents, the community at large including all education stakeholders. They include:
- Overview of the Communications & Engagement Department
- The need for community engagement and for advocacy for public education
- How we communicate with our stakeholders: Our many platforms
- Reading and Literacy – District’s Strategy – Tools for Support
- ESOL and Welcome Center
- FAFSA Competition and SAT Prep
- National Merit Scholarship
The Citizens Academy will take place Tuesday, February 6, from 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at Congress Middle School, 101 S. Congress Ave., Boynton Beach.
Community leaders can register for the academy by visiting this site here:
The Citizens Academy is sponsored by Chick-fil-A of Boynton Beach and Royal Palm Beach, Costco, TooJay’s, AAA, and Allstate.