LYNN HONORS EMPLOYEES AT ANNUAL EMPLOYEE RECOGNITION BREAKFAST
Lynn University celebrated its employees’ contributions and service at the annual Employee Recognition Breakfast, May 1.
“I am so glad to have all of you joining us today as we celebrate your contributions and service to Lynn,” said Lynn President Kevin M. Ross, who presided over the event. “Through your hard work and dedication, our university continues to accomplish great things.”
Ross thanked everyone for their hand in completing the Lynn 2020 strategic plan two years ahead of schedule and announced the launch of Lynn 2025: Design for the Future. The campus community engaged in design thinking sessions to develop creative strategies to further improve the university.
“Today we are excited to officially launch our new strategic plan, and we wanted to share it first with all of you—our dedicated faculty and staff who helped make this plan possible,” he said.
Other significant announcements made at the event included:
- A major gift from donor Mary Ann Perper to expand the women’s locker room, which will enable Lynn to add a women’s lacrosse team to its athletics roster
- Lynn’s official designation as a Fair Trade University, the 48th in the U.S. and the second in Florida
- Marketing’s new campaign, You’re Lynn, which tells Lynn’s story from the point of view of students, employees and alumni using selfie-style photography
- Admission’s record high of 9,424 applications, nearly double the previous record of 4,581 in 2015; with just over 100 more deposits than on May 2 of last year
- The Kathleen Weigel Education Endowed Scholarship, named in honor of Lynn’s dean of the College of Education
President Ross announced Aaron Stanger Employee of the Year..
During the recognition ceremonies, Ross congratulated employees for achieving milestones in service to Lynn, ranging from five to 44 years.
The celebration also highlighted employees who’ve earned the Employee Appreciation Program’s Employee of the Month designation throughout the academic year. Aaron Stanger, Information Technology support services manager, received the coveted employee of the year honor and took home a $500 bonus, two additional vacation days and a cruise voucher. Stanger earned recognition not only as an employee of the year, but also as the supervisor of four other employees who earned employee of the month within the last year.
The Employee Appreciation Program invites full-time employees to nominate their peers for exceptional performance that exemplify characteristics aligned with the university’s brand: student-centric, agile, inclusive, and/or dedicated. Honorees are selected by employee vote.
The program is one of many benefits Lynn offers its employees. Others include events aimed at reducing stress and maintaining a healthy lifestyle. Lynn also encourages community involvement with such events as 5K runs, gift drives for underprivileged children, food drives and fundraising for a variety of local and national charitable organizations.
Lynn currently has positions open in marketing, student life, athletics and auxiliary services. Visit lynn.edu/jobsto apply.