PBA Senior Initiates Donation Efforts for Harvey
Alec Bell, senior marketing student from Maryland, was in his weekly event meeting at Pioneer Linens, a retail store in downtown West Palm Beach, and all he could think about was the devastation in Houston. Bell explained to his boss that as a community we need to help the people of Houston, and so they made it happen. Within the day Pioneer Linens partnered with Feeding South Florida, the Downtown Development Authority and Palm Beach Atlantic to make a donation drive possible.
“This all stems from the responsibility that Christ has given us, to love the broken and the poor. If by doing this we can spread the love of Christ and bring a smile to someone's face we have succeeded immensely," said Bell. "The people of Houston need us, but even more they need the healing power of Jesus Christ."
Donations can be dropped off at Pioneer Linens, 210 Clematis Street, or the PBA Welcome Desk through Tuesday, September 5, 2017. A list of items that are accepted and needed can be found below:
- Paper Goods: Paper towels, napkins, toilet paper, tissue paper, disposable cups/cutlery/plates/utensils.
- Personal Hygiene: Soap/body wash, shampoo, conditioner, deodorant, toothpaste, toothbrush, razors, lotion, adult and child diapers, feminine hygiene, cleanser, diaper rash cream, brushes
- Cleaning Products: Multipurpose spray, cleanser, mops, rags, brushes, gloves, scrub brushes, air freshener, combs/brushes, clippers/scissors, rags
- Laundry: Detergent, fabric softener, bleach, dryer sheets, starch
- Other: Trash bags, batteries, light bulbs, candles, baby bottles, board games, crayons/markers, books, playdough, storage containers
Feeding South Florida is based out of Pembroke Pines, Florida. All donations will be delivered to Feeding South Florida, which will be sent to their sister food bank in Houston for distribution.