SCHOOL BOARD RECOGNIZES BEGINNING TEACHER OF THE YEAR AND MENTOR TEACHER OF THE YEAR
The Beginning Teacher of the Year Award is presented annually to outstanding first year teachers at the Elementary and Secondary level in the School District of Palm Beach County, who have been recommended by their principal for demonstrating excellence.
As part of the award process, nominees are asked to answer questions like describing their biggest classroom victory and how they’ve built relationships with students. Their responses allow the nominees to highlight their experiences.
The Mentor Teacher of the Year Award is also presented annually to exceptional first year mentor teachers in the District at the Elementary and Secondary level.
Mentor Teacher of the Year nominees are asked to elaborate on why they became a mentor and what characteristics make them effective in their role. All the nominees for Beginning Teacher and Mentor Teacher of the Year were formally recognized at the School Board meeting on April 18, and the winners of each award were also announced at the meeting.
Beginning Teacher of the Year Award Nominees – Elementary Level
• Meghan Bellingham – North Grade Elementary
• Lisa Duda – West Gate Elementary
• Lindsy Green – Banyan Creek Elementary*
Beginning Teacher of the Year Award Nominees – Secondary Level
• Amelia Forem – Wellington Landings Middle*
• Andrea Kennedy – Congress Middle
• Heather Kumar – Park Vista High
Mentor Teacher of the Year Award Nominees – Elementary Level
• Jennifer Hutson – Limestone Creek Elementary
• Amy Moreland – Grassy Waters Elementary
• Joykeria Pittman – Belle Glade Elementary*
Mentor Teacher of the Year Award Nominees – Secondary Level
• Allison Hammel – Forest Hill High
• Stephanie Previte – Jupiter Middle*
• Desiree Vetere – Independence Middle