Summer Learning Content to be Broadcast Online and on TV
Summer session is set to begin on Monday, June 8, and lessons will be available on the School District’s Education Network (TEN). Programming will air on Comcast channel 234, and AT&T U-verse channel 99. Lessons can also be accessed on the District’s Summer Essentials webpage, while logged in to the Student Portal.
Summer Essentials Activities were created to ensure that students continue to cultivate the skills and knowledge developed throughout the school year. The goal is for children to apply those abilities to hands-on learning tasks that help prepare them for success in the next school year.
The activities focus on developmentally appropriate skills and grade-level content that help support and maintain learning that is essential for success in the next grade. Each week, a different activity is made available that starts with a book or text to engage children in the learning process. Math, science, social studies, and/or the arts are then integrated to help make the reading and learning come to life.
The lessons are broadcast on TEN, Monday through Friday, on the following schedule:
• 9:00 a.m. – Summer Learning for Incoming Kindergarten students
• 9:12 a.m. – Summer Learning for Incoming Grade 1 students
• 9:24 a.m. – Summer Learning for Incoming Grade 2 students
• 9:36 a.m. – Summer Learning for Incoming Grade 3 students
• 9:48 a.m. – Summer Learning for Incoming Grade 4 students
• 10:00 a.m. – Summer Learning for Incoming Grade 5 students
The schedule is then repeated at the following times:
• 10:12 a.m. – Kindergarten
• 10:24 a.m. – First grade
• 10:36 a.m. – Second grade
• 10:48 a.m. – Third grade
• 11:00 a.m. – Fourth grade
• 11:12 a.m. – Fifth grade