Several Outstanding PBCSD Educators Named as Finalists for William T. Dwyer Awards
The Economic Council of Palm Beach County has announced the finalists for the 37th annual William T. Dwyer Awards for Excellence in Education, and of the 28 finalists, 26 are teachers at School District of Palm Beach County schools.
The Dwyer Awards is an annual program of the Economic Council, recognizing outstanding educators from public and private schools in Palm Beach County. The program seeks to increase awareness of the exemplary teaching in the community, while supporting educators and schools with financial awards and encouraging residents to promote high standards of excellence in education.
Finalists were announced in seven categories: Early Learning Education, Elementary Education, Middle School Education, Senior High Education, Student Advancement & Career Education, Special Programs, and STEM Education. One winner will be named in each category.
The finalists will be interviewed by a panel of judges and the winners will be revealed during a ceremony at a later date. Each winner will receive $3,500 and every finalist will receive $500.
Applicants are judged on their classroom accomplishments, personal education philosophy, leadership, and outside-of-the-classroom school-related or community-based activities. The judging panel is composed of nearly 100 Palm Beach County business leaders who evaluated each application in a multi-round judging process. They will also choose the seven winners.
The finalists will be interviewed by a panel of judges and the winners will be revealed during a virtual ceremony presented by the Hanley Foundation on Tuesday, May 25 at 6 p.m. The event can be watched on the Dwyer Awards Facebook page.
Each winner will receive $3,500 and every finalist will receive $500. Along with the announcement of the award recipients, all finalists, nominees, and past award recipients will be honored as well.
Congratulations to the finalists from School District of Palm Beach County schools:
• Michael Gallucci – Marsh Pointe Elementary
• Laquandra Golf – Rolling Green Elementary
• Alyssa Maddox – South Grade Elementary
• Shameka Shelton – The Conservatory School @ North Palm Beach
Grow Up Great: Early Learning Education
• Barbara Boehringer – Palm Beach Gardens Elementary
• Magaly Hodgkiss – South Olive Elementary
• Nancy Sierra-Garcia – John I. Leonard High
• Jayna Smith – Gove Elementary
Middle School Education
• Alyssa Arterburn – Wellington Landings Middle
• Andrea Kennedy – Congress Middle
Senior High Education
• Robin Larrabee – Park Vista Community High
• Carla Little-Griffiths – Glades Central Community High
• Alison Moe – Santaluces Community High
• Ericka Muncy – Jupiter Community High
• Chelsey Carr – Palm Beach Gardens High
• Benjamin Ford – Gove Elementary
• Pattie Hart – Limestone Creek Elementary
• Misty Russo – Palm Beach Lakes High
• Mary Fish – Spanish River Community High
• Rachel Wellman – Boca Raton Community High
• Syndie White – Elbridge Gale Elementary
• Jeanette Whitman – Lake Park Elementary
Student Advancement & Career Education
• Stephen Goodman – Pahokee Middle High
• Mari Orsenigo – Glades Central Community High
• Randi Schietz – Binks Forest Elementary
• Luz Williams – North Grade Elementary