Students Learn and Grow in District Elementary Choice Programs
The School District of Palm Beach County offers a variety of Choice and Career programs in elementary schools, providing students with exciting learning opportunities to pursue their interests, talents, and career goals.
A total of 58 Choice programs in 57 elementary schools offer innovative, integrated curriculum that emphasize the development of the whole student. With the exception of Dual Language programs, there are no entry requirements to the elementary Choice programs.
All students are eligible to apply for a Choice program including Exceptional Student Education (ESE), English Language Learners (ELL), and 504 students (students with disabilities as identified under the law). Transportation is provided for Choice students within the Choice Transportation Zone for each school.
Below is a list of the available Choice programs, and the elementary schools at which they are offered:
• Arts (Visual, Performing, and Communications) - Glade View, Plumosa, U.B. Kinsey/Palmview, Wellington.
• Biomedical and Veterinary Technology - Acreage Pines, Grassy Waters.
• Children’s Orchestra and Performing Arts Project - The Conservatory School @ North Palm Beach.
• Energy, Environment, and Engineering - Galaxy E3 Elementary.
• Environmental and Animal Science - Frontier.
• Environmental Science and Field Research - Dwight D. Eisenhower.
• Health and Wellness - Allamanda, Starlight Cove.
• International Baccalaureate Primary Years Programme - Dr. Mary McLeod Bethune, Forest Park, Grove Park, Morikami Park, Pahokee, Palmetto, Westward.
• International Spanish Academy - New Horizons, Berkshire, Greenacres.
• Math, Science, and Technology - Roosevelt.
• Montessori - Northboro, S.D. Spady.
• Orchestral Strings - Palm Beach Public.
• Science (Environmental), Technology, Engineering, and Math - Pine Jog.
• Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) - Crosspointe, Cypress Trails, Equestrian Trails, Meadow Park, Poinciana.
• Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Mathematics (STEAM) - Citrus Cove, H. L. Johnson, Hidden Oaks, Loxahatchee, Palm Beach Gardens.
• Small School Continuum - Village Academy.
• Spanish Dual Language - Cholee Lake, Gove, Hagen Road, North Grade, Plumosa School of the Arts.
• Technology - Banyan Creek, Boca Raton, Golden Grove.
Deadlines for applications will vary depending on the program selected. For deadlines and other important information, visit www.mypbchoiceapp.com or the Department of Choice and Career Options at www.palmbeachschools.org/choiceprograms.
Additionally, each year the School District holds the Showcase of Schools, and representatives of many different campuses are on hand to answer questions about the educational opportunities offered at each of their schools.
The Showcase will be held at the South Florida Fairgrounds Expo Center on Tuesday, October 22 from 4:00 p.m. until 8:00 p.m.